The Environment-Based Intervention Approach to promote Inclusion at home, school and community #7
Webinar presented on Saturday, August 27th, 2022 by Ms. Marie Brien, Ms. Navamani Venkatachalapathy
The last webinar of our Child Development webinar series was held on Saturday, August 27th 2022.
The Enabling Inclusion Child Development webinar series were conducted jointly by expert speakers from India, and Canada and organized by Amar Seva Sangam, the University of Toronto’s International Centre for Disability and Rehabilitation (ICDR).
Supported by a Shastri Conference & Lecture Series Grant (SCLSG) 2021-2022 from the Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Part 1. The Environment and Inclusion
- The WHO’s ICF and the Contextual Factors in Child Development
- Recognizing the Environmental Barriers and Facilitators
- The UN Convention on the Right of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and Environmental Modifications
- The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act (RPDA)- universal design, accessibility, and accommodations to facilitate participation of children with disabilities.
Part 2. The Enabling Inclusion® Program Environmental Intervention
- The EI® Program Environmental Assessment
- The EI® App Interventions for Environmental Barriers
- ICF-based Functional Skills and ADL Evaluation and Interventions: Indoor/outdoor mobility, transfers, feeding, toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, brushing teeth.
- Case studies from community-based program in rural South India
See the full video recording of this webinar on Enabling Inclusion’s YouTube: