- Family centered services
- Strengths-based approach whereby families identify child strengths and their needs
- Families set goals using the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure.
- Counselling services by psychologists for parents.
Early Intervention Parent Participation Groups
- Parent leaders are elected and monthly group meeting held
- Allow parents to share, interact and form social support networks.
- Connection to self help groups for livelihood initiatives
- Group advocacy
- Parent Whatsapp groups formed and ASSA sharing modules on WHO’s ICF model focused on parent empowerment
Parents Empowerment and Consultation Meetings
- Meetings conducted every 6 months for parents to learn, share and give feedback on the program
- A total of 7754 parents and family members and their children participated.
Samagra Shiksha Parent Training
Samagra Shiksha is a government initiative to promote inclusion of children with disabilities. Through a partnership with Samagra Shiksha, we provide online training for parents of children with disabilities through local smart classrooms across Tamil Nadu.
Use of the Tirunelveli Early Intervention Caregiver Assessment Tool which measures
- Family Empowerment
- Caregiver Strain
- Parent – Child Interaction
- Program Evaluation and Feedback
- Family Program Engagement (number of planned visits that were completed) increased from 60% to 95%.
- 74% of parents had decreased Caregiver Strain.
- 88% of parents had stabilized or reduced financial strain.
- 73% of parents had improved Family Empowerment.
- 62% of parents had Improved Caregiver – Child Interaction.
- Overall, statically significant decrease in caregiver strain, increase in family empowerment and improved parent – child interaction. See our publication.