Home & Center Based Services
Enabling Inclusion / Early Intervention services including:
Comprehensive Assessments are performed at baseline and repeated every 6 months and include:
- General Assessment by Community Rehabilitation Workers following the International Classification of Function and Disability Model https://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/
- Environmental Assessment (looking at home and community factors).
- Physiotherapy Assessment, GMFM (Gross Motor Function Measure) for children with motor impairment.
- Speech and Language Assessment and Com-DEALL (Communication Developmental Checklist) for children with communication impairment.
- Special Education Assessment and FACP (Functional Assessment Checklist for Programming) for children with cognitive impairment.
- WEE-FIM (Pediatric Functional Independence Measure) for all children.
- Parent Outcomes including MCSI (Modified Caregiver Strain Index), FES (Family Empowerment Scale), CI (Caregiver-Child Interaction) for all caregivers.
- COPM (Canadian Occupational Performance Measure) for all children.
Goals and Therapy Planning:
- Families identify and set goals for therapy using the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure.
- Rehabilitation Specialists work with families to identify child strengths, impairments and goals and create an individualized Early Intervention plan for each child for a 6 month period therapy services.
Delivery of Services:
- Weekly visits by Community Rehabilitation Workers who provide therapy to children in all domains of delayed development for that child and providing modelling, education and support for parents.
- Monthly joint therapy visits with Community Rehabilitation Workers and Rehabilitation Specialists (Speech Trainer, Physiotherapist and Special Educator).
- Consultative care with Occupational Therapists and Psychologists.
- Referral to Medical or Surgical Specialists through camps organized by ASSA.
- Provision of Assistive Devices and Technology (wheelchairs, walkers, hearing aids, communication aids, braille books, etc.) through government programs or ASSA funding if not covered by government programs.
- Meetings conducted every 6 months for parents to learn, share and give feedback on the program.
- Formation of Early Intervention parent groups.
- Monthly parent small-group meetings and parent large-group meetings every 6 months.
- Parent social media groups for peer connection and mentorship.
Outcome (from 2017 – 2020)
A total of 2017 children and their families provided with Early Intervention therapy services.
- Cognitive Outcomes (FACP): https://www.amarseva.org/uploads/default/files/Resomate/C13-Sathiya%20Mariappan.pdf
- Functional Independence Outcomes (WeeFIM): https://www.amarseva.org/uploads/default/files/Resomate/C7-Marie%20Brien.pdf
- Gross Motor Outcomes (GMFM): https://www.amarseva.org/uploads/default/files/Resomate/C4-Marie%20Brien.pdf
- Program Engagement Outcomes: https://www.amarseva.org/uploads/default/files/Resomate/C1-Aravind%20Bharathwaj.pdf